Mung beans are highly respected in Ayurvedic wisdom because they are balancing for every body type. This mung bean curry mix is delicious, easy to prepare and in cooking.
Mung beans have high protein content, plant-based sources of protein, good to add in diet.
Ingredients: Organic Mung beans, organic Turmeric Powder, Organic Cumin Powder, Organic Coriander Powder, Organic Ginger Powder, Black Pepper, Himalayan Salt.
- Wash the Mung beans a few times with water, and then soak it in enough water for overnight or three to four hours.
- When you are ready to cook, drain all the water from the Mung Beans and set the beans aside.
- Heat oil in a pot and add the whole spices, add the drained beans to it. Sauté the beans in the pot for two minutes on a medium flame.
- Add five cups water and salt to the mung beans and mix well. Bring the mung beans to a boil, and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for approximately 30-40 minutes, till all the mung beans begin to disintegrate.
- Turn off the heat, serve as it is or stir in the coconut milk if you like. Adjust the salt to taste.
- Serve hot and garnish each bowl with a sprinkle of minced fresh herbs, fresh lime juice, and serve with Cumin Rice or according to your choice.
Cooking in an Instant Pot: Multi-grain mode 25-30 minutes, the method is the same.
Variation: Add up to one cup of diced vegetables to step one. Add salt to taste.
230g Serves 4
Share and get 15% off!
Simply share this product on one of the following social networks and you will unlock 15% off!