This traditional Ayurvedic Dal Soup is delicious and easy to prepare, It is easy to cook and is easy for digestion. Split mung beans are highly respected in Ayurvedic wisdom because they are balanced for every body type. Give a try to this delightful, protein staple dal soup. For more balanced meals pair it with rice/vegetables etc.
VEGAN, VEGETARIAN, GLUTEN-FREE, PLANT BASED
Ingredients: Organic Mung Dal, Organic Lentil, Organic Cumin Powder, Organic Coriander Powder, Spices.
- Wash the Dal a few times with water, and then soak it in enough water for at least 30 minutes.
- When you are ready to cook, drain all the water from the dal and set the Dal aside.
- Heat oil in a pot and add the whole spices, add the drained Dal to it. Sauté the Dal in the pot for two minutes on a medium flame.
- Add up to three cups of water and mix well. Bring the Dal to a boil, and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for approximately 20-30 minutes, till all the mung dal begins to disintegrate.
- Turn off the heat, and beat with a wire whisk until dal is creamy smooth. You may add more water if you like a lighter consistency, if you do, adjust the salt to taste.
- Serve hot and garnish each bowl with a sprinkle of minced fresh herbs, fresh lime juice, and serve with Cumin Rice or according to your choice.
Cooking in an Instant Pot: Multi-grain mode 14-16 minutes, the method is the same.
Variation: Add up to one cup of diced vegetables along with the Dal. Add salt to taste.
60g Serves 1-2
Storage: For any unused package contents, reseal or transfer to an airtight container and keep it in a dry, dark place.
Share and get 15% off!
Simply share this product on one of the following social networks and you will unlock 15% off!