Ingredients: Organic Mung Dal, Organic Lentil, Organic Cumin Powder, Organic Coriander Powder, Spices.
- Wash the Dal a few times with water, and then soak it in enough water for at least 30 minutes.
- When you are ready to cook, drain all the water from the dal and set the Dal aside.
- Heat oil in a pot and add the whole spices, add the drained Dal to it. Sauté the Dal in the pot for two minutes on a medium flame.
- Add five cups of water and mix well. Bring the Dal to a boil, and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for approximately 20-30 minutes, till all the mung dal begins to disintegrate.
- Turn off the heat, and beat with a wire whisk until dal is creamy smooth. You may add more water if you like a lighter consistency, if you do, adjust the salt to taste.
- Serve hot and garnish each bowl with a sprinkle of minced fresh herbs, fresh lime juice, and serve with Cumin Rice or according to your choice.
Cooking in an Instant Pot: Multi-grain mode 14-16 minutes, the method is the same.
Variation: Add up to one cup of diced vegetables along with the Dal. Add salt to taste.
230g Serves 3-4
Storage: For any unused package contents, reseal or transfer to an airtight container and keep it in a dry, dark place.